Tinnitus

Concert, ear trauma, tinnitus... hyperacusis... chronic pain... depression... unemployment... and the fight for recovery ! by a french 31 year old man.

My Blogs

About Me

My photo
Mougins, Alpes-Maritimes, France


Some mail exchange with a former workmate... I noticed he was still enjoying a lot of concerts in London so I decided to let him know about the dangers :

For your information, please take some earplugs you can use if the sound is too loud during concerts... Nobody told me about this years ago and I'm still suffering from this ignorance and my ear trauma it resulted in.

Here is his answer :

My girlfriend got injured too. Personnaly I can't resign to put something in my ears when enjoying a concert. You know, it's hard to be the oldest so... [...] My girfriend was quite lucky : she has to pay attention to her noise exposure, and she can't dive anymore. But she try to convince me wearing earplugs.


This confirms three points :
  • The first one is that the number of ear trauma is incredibly high. Since my accident I have been talking to a lot of people and a lot of them were already awaree of the danger... simply because ther were injured or knew injured people. To say it clearly, there were ONLY this kind of people who were aware of the danger.
  • The second one is that wearing earplug is still not "natural". Well, you have to admit you look like a dumbass with this in your ears, and that is ABSOLUTELY NOT rock'n roll !
  • The third one is that everybody is free... and this is perfect like this. I won't lie : a high volume does take part of the pleasure. However, people who know about the dangers and who decide not to protect themselves anyway have to realize that a lot of people absolutely don't know anything about all this. And that your life can be crushed in just a concert. So please, if you know about it, take a few minutes to talk about it OK ?


(Punk papy Not Dead, by the PaPy Tabayo)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Categories

Archives

My LinkedIn Page

View Laurent Matignon's profile on LinkedIn